Sunday, December 13, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Just a secret sale I have been offering to my Reyney Etsy customers!
Take 15% off your next purchase. Mention code LOVENY15B in the comments section during checkout. I will send you an updated invoice for your purchase. Offer expires January 31st, 2010.
Please check back later on for a free necklace giveaway!!!!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
Age or Birthday: 6/7/80 (hence the 678 in my flickr name)
Monday, September 28, 2009
Do you collect pose dolls? I know there are alot of us out there and we all manage to find each other online somehow. I thought it was so cool when I found out that another pose doll collector half way around the world has the same birthday as me!! Kooky, right?
So, what makes us tick? Why do we obsess to no end about these little beauties? I've created a bunch of interview questions for all of us crazy collectors. If you're interested, please send me your answers to the below questions. Odds are you probably already have my email address. If not, you can leave a comment, find me on Etsy or on Flickr.
I will then feature you and your answers in my blog!! XOXO Renee
Age or Birthday:
When did you start collecting pose dolls?
Why do you collect pose dolls?
How many pose dolls do you own?
Where do you buy your pose dolls?
Where/how do you display your pose dolls?
What was your first pose doll?
What is your favorite pose doll?
What is the most amount of money you have spent on a pose doll?
Do you sell your pose dolls? Where?
Any interesting stories about pose dolls you'd like to share?
Any interesting pose doll photos you'd like to share for the blog?
Are pose doll collectors crazy? Hee Hee
Do you collect anything else?
Thoughts, questions, comments? Anything else you'd like to add?
Thanks so much!! I hope we get to learn a little bit more about one another!!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
I came across the buttons again during a recent craft shopping outing! LOL I juat had to buy them again!
She's a shank button sewn to felt. She's a little raised, so the sequins and seed beads fit nicely under her. I love her eyes and the little dots that make up her nose!
Now available in my ShoeFlower Etsy shop.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Hello friends! Just sharing a photo of ny new felt necklaces! I had a surge of creative energy last night - I made five - just couldn't stop until after 2am!!
Clockwise from top left:
Deer in a Meadow Felt Necklace
Beatrix Potter Felt Necklace in Ivory
Mr. Squirrel Felt Necklace
Follow the White Rabbit Felt Necklace
Beatrix Potter Felt Necklace in Pink
They are all so sweet!! Some of my favorites ever!! All are currently available in my ShoeFlower Etsy shop!
Saturday, August 29, 2009
The one on the left is "My Heart Grows for You" and the one on the right is "My Star Shines for You".
I started with cotton. Drew the patterns. Sewed them on my machine. Stuffed with polyester fiberfill. Hand sewed them closed. Sketched the girls and painted them with acrylics. I finally coated them with some glitter and a gloss for protection.
As you know, I love any kind of big eye art and dollies, so these are my tribute to them! XOXO
Thinking of selling them, but not sure I want to part with my first. I might have to make more.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
So, last night I just started sticking pins and sequins in her head. Added a little chenille collar and topped her off with a polka dot ribbon for hanging.
I heart her so much! She's a disco funky flower power little lady!
All of these dollies are available for sale in my Shoeflower Etsy shop.
Let me know if you are interested!
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
I'm so sorry that I have been away for so long! Planning a wedding is no joke!
Please stay tuned. I hope to get back into the swing of things in early August. Both of my Etsy shops will re-open and I plan to update Flickr and blog on a more regular basis!
19 days away!! I can't believe how quickly July 11th is coming. I mean, we were engaged on February 29, 2008. I thought this day would never come. I thought wrong!
Friday, May 29, 2009
I am sooo sorry I have been way behind on my blogging and crafting. I've had some personal crafting craziness going on in my head - don't really want to lay that on you - plus we've been kinda busy with wedding stuff, and well life just get's in the way.
In any case, I finised my paper clay Bunka dolls yesterday. Some of the faces are cute, some are kind weird!! But I had fun exploring with them. Look out for some more Bunka crafts in the near future - I have a few new things that are currently drying on my kitchen counter!
Hugs and kisses to all my friendssss!!!!
Sunday, March 1, 2009
I had this little package of paper clay in my drawer for about 3 years. Never got around using it, until today.
I made 7 little Bunka dolls today.
Just have to wait for them to dry. Then paint, and lastly varnish!
I love how they came out!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Whenever I obsess over something, I always try to see if I can make it myself. A few years ago, I was obsessed with my pretty mohair sweaters! I taught myself how to crochet, and now I can crochet anything, with or without a pattern.
Now, I have been obsessed with Bunka dolls from Japan. They're really really hard to get here. So, this is the second doll I have made on my sewing machine.
I made her based on the traditional Japanese instructions. But, since the instructions were written in Japanese, I'm not sure if I followed them precisely.
Thank God for Fabri-Tac!
She's tooo lovely in my eyes. AND I am thrilled that I made her!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Not too long ago I mentioned that I sent my felt heart valentine to Fred Flare. They're selling each valentine for $4 and donating all the profits to Elder Craftsmen - an org. that brings crafting to seniors.
So, just watch this video for fun. My Valentine appears at approximately 2:35 into the video! YAY!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
I don't know what inspired me, but I took it out a few days ago, and began messing around with it. After a few setbacks, and almost losing a finger, (LOL, J/K) I made my first dolly! I named her Missy, (aka www.boopsiedaisy.etsy.com )after a dear friend of mine, who, well, makes the most wonderful dolls in the world. AND I know how much she loves dollies with blue hair!
The dolly is far from perfect, but I am soo impressed with myself! AND so happy too. Part of me still actually can't believe that I made something with a sewing machine.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
1. I'm getting married this July to my best friend. We've been together since January 25, 2002. That is the first day we kissed and it will be 7 years ago tomorrow. I like to refer to it as our "Kiss-A-Versary".
2. I love PIZZA! I could eat it every day! I dislike most other Italian foods. Don't like going to Italian restaurants ever. Unless they have pizza. LOL! I do enjoy Indian, Sushi, Thai and Mexican (homemade), though. And I love bread...bagels, pitas, soft pretzles - love my carbs and not afraid to admit it. (Ooh and I cannot kick the coca-cola habit)!!!
3. I'm not good at socializing. It's really hard for me to initiate conversation to this day. When I was in Kindergarten my teacher told my mom I was going to get left back if I didn't come out of my shell. EVEN though I did manage to be in honors classes my whole life! Take that Mrs. Stelhe - you could never say that this day and age! You cannot leave a child back simply because they're quiet!
4. I don't hold grudges, but I also don't like to forget things.
5. I have always always always been self conscious about my nose. I feel like there is this huge monster protruding from my face.
6. I love my Uggs boots because they keep my toes warm. I don't care how "Staten Island" they are.
7. I always thought my mom was crazy for collecting dolls. Somehow, I too, got sucked in! I love my dolls, and they make me so happy, but I am really embarrassed about what other people might think. (See 8)
8. I worry too much about what other people think of me. I get nervous a lot. BUT my blood pressure is 110/70!
9. I stare at the computer too much and it gives me crazy headaches sometimes.
10. I do not have a lot of friends, probably because of #3, but I adore and cherish and value the ones that I do have to no end.
11. I teach art and music in an elementary school. I really do have a good job and enjoy every aspect of it. I love those little boogers, even though one of them just gave me the worst illnesses I have ever had.
12. I can crochet anything. But haven't picked up hooks in months.
13. I don't like wearing last years clothes. It bothers me. Lint bothers me. I hate creasing my pants with the iron. I like clothes from the Gap and Forever 21. I never mix black with brown.
14. I've had many instances where I think of a person and wind up seeing them later in the day! Totally freaky - I think I will dedicate my next blog post to this.
15. I am not a BrideZilla. I am so excited about my Marriage - but the Wedding is only one day. It's not the be-all-end-all of my existance. I don't even like to think about "wedding planning"! There's so many cooler things I could be doing!
16. I am happy!
So, if you're reading this, anyone, consider yourself tagged!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Our wedding is less than 6 months away! I started making my save the dates last February, but didn't mail them until recently. One thing I neglected to do was take a picuture of the whole bunch - because they're all slightly different. I ran short of my Save the Dates so I had to make 8 more today. Here's a pic!
I love them sooo much, wish I could keep them all!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
I glued my felt piece to an already existing heart card.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Sorry these pics aren't great, but I had a little fun with Flickr and Picnic graphics to help with the tutorial below.
STEP 1: Start with a piece of copy paper and fold the corner up. The thinner the paper, the better! Tissue paper can rip easily, but the results are still quite beautiful!
STEP 2: Fold up the second corner.
STEP 3: Cut off the excess at the top. You now have a square that is folded in fourths (the triangle in pic.)
STEP 4: This triangle needs to be folded into thirds. Why are we folding fourths into thirds? Because snowflakes have 6 points and the points are symmetrical halves. So, technically, when you open the triangle, you'll see twelfths.
Start by folding in the left side.
STEP 5: Then, fold the right side over it.
STEP 6: Cut off the excess paper at the top. I tell my students to cut off the "bunny ears" at the top. They are left with an ice cream cone in their hands.
STEP 7: Draw a pretty design. There's nothing wrong with sketching your design with a pencil first. Since the snowflake is folded, it's best to draw half shapes on the creases. Half circles and hearts are quite easy to draw. The more details you draw, the more delicate the snowflake will become, and the harder it will be to cut out. If you draw a line directly across the snowflake, you will end up cutting it in half.
STEP 8: Cut out your design carefully!
STEP 9: Open your snowflake carefully, and enjoy!
DISPLAY YOUR SNOWFLAKE: Snowflakes can be taped to windows and mirrors. Hang them from pretty ribbon. Glue to construction paper or pretty cardstock paper. Add glitter. ETC! Have fun!
Thanks for reading!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
We start off in Tokyo and make the rounds. We will be visiting Matsumoto, Takayama, Kanazawa, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Kurashiki and Osaka. Thank God we're taking a tour, because I think I would be lost.
We can participate in lot's of neat stuff with the tour. A calligraphy class. A cooking class. Kimono painting. Hopefully we can squeeze in a Dream (UFC Japan) fight for Bill.
I'm so excited. Nervous. Curious. OMG!
So, if anyone has anything to recommend, etc, stores, shops, places of interest, places to eat, things to see, things to do - please don't hesitate to share your ideas.