Friday, October 17, 2008

Plastic Bag Crochet


Plastic Bag Crochet
Originally uploaded by Reyney
Long before Etsy, and long before I made jewelry I would crochet everyday, every moment, every time I possibly could!

I used to make bags out of grocery bags. I was addicted to making them. I would probably make a new bag every two days. I gave most of them away, and sold a few on Etsy.

Now I only make them for people who request them. They usually wind up waiting 6 months...LOL My latest is for a teacher I work with. She is giving it to her 11 year old niece for her birthday.

It came out so sweet. The gray bags are Pathmark bags. The white is a mix - mostly from Michael's, AC Moore and Pathmark. The green is a Barnes and Noble bag. The pink is a random bag I saved, because I knew I would need it someday. Approximately 50 bags went into the making of this bag.

This beautiful bag will not decompose for the next 300 years!

Sharing with you!

3 comments:

Kitsch and Curious said...

Great bag!
I love crochet, and had a go at using plastic bags for a 'recycled' competition organised by a local 'Stitch n Bitch' group a couple of years ago. I made a lopsided basket decorated with flowers!

miss_moneymaker said...

I love this bag! I've been wanting to crochet one of thesefor the longest time! I just never get around to it.

Renee said...

Thanks so much!