Thursday, August 9, 2007

Flea Market Finds!

Today was a wonderful day to visit a flea market. I went to an outdoor market in New Jersey with my Mom today. Here are some of my finds.

I love this handmade ceramic pot thingy. I think I'm going to put pens and pencils and paint brushes and stuff! It's dated 1979 on the bottom.


I bought this rooster from the same person as the pot. They kind of match a little!


I love buying jewelry at flea markets! That Christmas thing in the middle is actually a lens from a pair of glasses. Someone glued an image to the back and added a pin. The red beads are the neatest pop beads I have ever seen - I love the color! Some vintage plastic earrings, Russian Doll pin, charm bracelet and another Christmas pin!

A bag full of vintage birdy cake picks. I love old cake directions. There's so many of these- so some of them may end up in my ShoeFlower Etsy store. Let me know if you interested and I can reserve some for you!


This amazing vintage book from 1959 was $1. Woo Hoo! It's French for Children and has two stories: The Three Bears and Little Red Riding Hood. Besides the fact that the illustrations are amazing- Each line as three lines of text. One in French, on is the pronunciation, and one is in English. I learned today that Little Red Riding Hood is Chaperon Rouge! Woo Hoo!




I also purchased the most wonderful doll in the world. I'll post her soon! just need to clean her up a bit!

Ta ta for now!

Love,

Renee

No comments: